Sunday, May 1, 2016

Quick Review: Timmy Failure Island

Wow, I haven't posted on here in a while.
Anyway, Welcome to Poptropica Secrets! Today I'm going to make a quick review of Timmy Failure Island.
I really like this island. It really fits the Timmy Failure art style, but also feels like it belongs in Poptropica. This was also the first island since early 2014 that felt like it was a full island with a full story.

My favorite free item from the development stage

I really like the development stage of this island, including a new free item every week upon visiting Main Street. All of these free items were magnificent; and while a bit unnecessary, all were very creative and original. I really like the poster; it may be my favorite out of the batch. It is shown on the right side of the page.

I also like the story quite a bit. It doesn't skip around like episodic islands do. It has a definite start and end, and gives me everything I need in-between. It fits in very well with the world, as well.
Before Mistakes Were Made, Timmy's pants were taken. But by whom, and why? And how will he get them back? Since Timmy isn't as great of a detective as he believes, you're put in charge of doing all of the work yourself.
I would actually like to see this adapted into a book; and this is not something I could say for Big Nate Island, Wimpy Wonderland, or Galactic Hot Dogs Island.

The music is some of the best in the game; I could listen to it for hours. In most cases, the music in the game annoys me and gets very repetitive, but the Timmy Failure music is very simple and doesn't annoy me in the slightest.

The items are also nice, but putting a cat in a bag with garden shears isn't necessarily the best idea. I don't understand how rice krispies calls Total, but bonbons don't, when he likes bonbons a lot more.

So that's about all I have. Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment