Monday, July 25, 2016

My Thoughts on the Prize Wheel


Hello and welcome to Poptropica Secrets! Today I will be discussing the prize wheel. There are positives and negatives, so I'm going to write about it.

Since I usually like to think negatively first, I'm going to first bring up the positives. First of all, I can wake up every morning and log in and get credits for nothing. I can sometimes even get rare costumes and old items. On my first day, I won a costume. It's really nice to win stuff like that. This is a really good thing, and I hope it stays this way for a while.

But with a few positives comes a few easily fixed negatives. For example, limited-time items are a big issue. Currently, there are super power bronze cards available in the prize wheel that will be gone soon. Because of the high amount of users (recorded over 500 million), chances are that someone will get 25, 50, or 75 every single day. And since most users have lives, they probably won't remember to log on every single day. As long as these don't last for 2 months or so, there is going to be at least one user who will not get the chance to get these limited-time items, and that really is a shame. Collectors such as myself would probably love to get all of these items, but some simply can't. One way to fix this is to have these limited-time items around for between 3 and 5 months.

Another issue is the island credit system. Since we can now potentially win 175 credits in one spin, playing through a whole island for 150 credits seems a bit useless, especially taking into consideration that some can take 5 or 6 hours to complete. One solution is to make the rewards on the wheel, as well as the prices of the store items a lot lower. Another option is to make each island completion reward 1000 credits. This will make islands a lot more helpful in affording desired store items. I have actually tweeted Poptropica about this a few weeks ago.

After this, Skinny Moon replied to me.



If you like the Prize Wheel, be sure to vote in the sidebar. I like it a lot, but there are many problems that could easily be fixed (like the map) but aren't; but for now, I'm okay with what we have AS LONG AS I DON'T KEEP GETTING 25 CREDITS EACH DAY SERIOUSLY IM ON A STREAK OF 25 CREDITS EACH DAY FOR THE PAST 3 DAYS ITS GETTING ANNOYING STOP IT

No comments:

Post a Comment