Monday, August 22, 2016

Mystery of the Map Island Review

Hello! Today I will be writing a small review of Mystery of the Map Island. I sincerely hope this doesn't turn into a lengthy review, as the last one did; but if it does, I'm not going to cut the thing down, so whatever.

Oh, and spoiler alert.

First of all, I don't like this island. It feels short and incomplete. Building an island based off of one book in a saga was not the best idea. It took me about 45 minutes, whereas most islands take about 3 or 4 hours the first time around. I think it should've been longer. Or maybe it should've been released episodically instead, with each episode being the next book in the saga.

Now this is the second full island released after episodic islands ended, and Galactic Hot Dogs came between them. While I do think this is a better quest than Galactic Hot Dogs Dogs Island, it is not as good as Timmy Failure Island. What Galactic Hot Dogs got wrong is that it was short, boring, and unappealing. It took less than an hour to complete, wasn't interesting, and had a new art style that I strongly dislike. Mystery of the Map improved on two of these aspects, but a great island is interesting, takes a while to complete, and is visually appealing. This island has some really good visual art from rooms to items to characters, and some art even better than most other SUI Islands.
Just look at that background!
The story is takes place throughout most of the book Poptropica: Mystery of the Map. I think that book is pretty good, and I'd give it a 7.5/10, but the one part I think would be really fun to play in is the section of the book where the characters are dodging vikings while going down the waterfall. They did a similar thing in the island before it and the island after it with the space junk and the garbage truck, yet not here. It's a shame, really.

So that's just a quick review of this island. It's not bad, but I wouldn't say it's one of my favorites. It has some decent replay value, but some features that were left out when they should not have been. I'd give this island a 6/10. Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment